Friday, February 23, 2007

Sometimes people make me sick.

I frequent a number of message boards on sites dedicated to couponing. The people there are nice and friendly. I was reading a thread and one poster mentioned that he volunteers at a food pantry. He mentioned this in a post about how he is shocked at the amount of Peter Pan peanut butter with bad batch numbers has been donated this week. I am so appalled by this. I cannot begin to say how badly this sickens me.

For those of you who are not aware, ConAgra Foods has issued a recall on some batches of peanut butter due to a possible salmonella contamination. You can read the FDA release here:

http://www.fda.gov/bbs/topics/NEWS/2007/NEW01563.html

The idea that people would donate possibly contaminated food to a food pantry is reprehensible. The batches that were recalled still have a long way to go before they expire and probably would not have been donated if they had good batch number. Why do people suck? Can somebody just tell me why?

2 comments:

The Mama said...

*jaw gaping open*

That is so wrong and so sick. My mouth literally dropped when I read that. It is sad how some people really do suck.

Coupon Chris said...

Yeah, it makes me really angry. Especially when you think about the fact that more peanut butter is consumed by kids than adults.