Friday, February 23, 2007

Sometimes people make me sick.

I frequent a number of message boards on sites dedicated to couponing. The people there are nice and friendly. I was reading a thread and one poster mentioned that he volunteers at a food pantry. He mentioned this in a post about how he is shocked at the amount of Peter Pan peanut butter with bad batch numbers has been donated this week. I am so appalled by this. I cannot begin to say how badly this sickens me.

For those of you who are not aware, ConAgra Foods has issued a recall on some batches of peanut butter due to a possible salmonella contamination. You can read the FDA release here:

http://www.fda.gov/bbs/topics/NEWS/2007/NEW01563.html

The idea that people would donate possibly contaminated food to a food pantry is reprehensible. The batches that were recalled still have a long way to go before they expire and probably would not have been donated if they had good batch number. Why do people suck? Can somebody just tell me why?

3 comments:

The Mama said...

*jaw gaping open*

That is so wrong and so sick. My mouth literally dropped when I read that. It is sad how some people really do suck.

Princess Consuela Bananahammock said...

That makes me want to choke a bitch.

Chris said...

Yeah, it makes me really angry. Especially when you think about the fact that more peanut butter is consumed by kids than adults.