Thursday, March 15, 2007

It is the San Francisco treat after all.

So today's haul is:
26 boxes of Rice A Roni
Total spent $0.26

Recent brags:
Target
8 bottles of Sunsilk leave in creme
1 bag (3#) of Organic gala apples
Total spent $2.14

Dominicks
26 bottles (16 oz) of Ken's salad dressing
1 pk Capri Sun Roarin' waters
1 pk hot dog buns
1 slice of watermelon
1.19# of bananas
Total spent $5.46

Jewel
24 cans Muir Glen organic diced tomatoes (plain and seasoned)
4 boxes Frosted Flakes (14 oz)
2 boxes Pop Tarts (8ct)
Total spent $5.81

It has been a busy few weeks for us. I found out that Hilander grocery store in Rockford will double coupons up to 0.55. 2 like coupons per transaction. Since my in-laws are in Rockford, this is really good news. I plan to do some serious damage in the future. I have gotten some really great beef deals at Target lately. I got Diet Coke (ie my life blood) for $1 a 12 pk with the great coupons I traded for. Lots of great deals lately.

Andrew has become a major Blues Clues junkie. He sings along and really interacts with it. He now knows colors, shapes and lots of new words. Today's word was "another". Everyday is a new adventure and so much fun. Although his pronunciation is a little off. He pronounces circle as "hircle". We have to make sure any knives are far from the edge of the counter as he can now reach the edges. He stabbed some poor bananas to death today!

I got to babysit for The Moose this week. He is the son of The Princess. He slept for a good portion of the night and was so sweet when he was awake. He is such a cutie and I was totally happy to watch him. I also got to watch grown up TV while he slept which is a treat I rarely get to enjoy from 7-8 pm.

Basically, it has been a busy few weeks with lots of good stuff happening. Big movement on the financial scene. GI Bill has kicked in, this week is the last payment for my 401k loan that I took out last year, and now I think we can get down to setting and reaching my goal for this year. That goal is to become debt free. I plan to start using my credit card for expenses and to pay it off every month. I plan to up my 401k percentage and to put more into savings. I am not sure how much we can save up, but I think we can get a substantial amount saved up this year.

As you can probably guess from the beginning of this post, our grocery bills are going down. They don't call me Coupon Chris for nothing.

2 comments:

The Mama said...

Awesome takes!!!

I love blues clues. Gracie does too although she prefers the older episodes with Steve.

I think your savings plans sounds awesome too. We are kind of doing the same thing, trying to put some away for home improvements and vacations.

Coupon Chris said...

Yeah, we prefer Steve to Joe. Andrew likes both. We have a DVD that starts with Steve and then it has the episode where Steve goes to college and Joe takes over. Then it has some Joe episodes.

I shouldn't admit this, but everytime I see the Steve goes to college episode, I cry, hard. Seriously, when he says he will miss you (the audience) it just makes me sad. And there you have it, my pathetic secret.

I am excited about the savings plan, I want to try to save 10k this year. Probably won't but we can try. Today I made $100 selling off some of my excess stockpile, so that should cover groceries for a while. I still have a few people I peddle my list to, so it could be more.