Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Estate Sale Score!

A few weeks ago, my mom and I stopped at an estate sale. I got some things that I really like for an amazing price (tip: late in the day of the last day of an estate sale, things are cheaper but there is less to chose from.) So, following are pictures of 2 items that I got that I am really happy about.

First is my new artwork. They seem to be a printed line drawing with the color applied later. I have no idea what they are, but they are numbered x/200 and signed in pencil. They are dated 76 and are of 2 rather famous places in Quebec. One is the Chateau Frontenac and the other is the Rue Du Tresor. I think these are really cool and paid $1.50 for the pair. Now to have them framed, but for that I have a coupon. (Big surprise, eh?)















Second is a short, long bookcase. This is a perfect fit on a wall that isn't very large and if you place a deep bookcase on it, it will spill over into the doorway of Andrew's room. With a few pretty canvas bins, I think it will change that area from a toy eyesore to less of a toy eyesore. Since this is in our living room, I would like a slightly more adult solution to the toys than the current one we had. This works perfect and all for the bargain price of $2.00. That's right 2 bucks and it's not pressboard. It's not high quality wood, but it actual wood.
















All in all, I am quite happy with these. With a little work and some good deals this summer, we may be able to upgrade the decor of our living quarters from early garage sale to upscale garage sale. The next project that I am starting is making some Roman shades for our living room.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the pictures, they are great. The shelf is terrific too. Wish I lived closer need better sales than we have here.

felicia said...

I am telling you, sign up for the Schaumburg and Naperville Freecycle groups. They give away a lot of really good junk!

The Mama said...

Those are a couple of awesome scores!!

I love garage sale, estate sale, thrift store shopping. I have an appreciation for items that have a history!!!