Saturday, November 11, 2006

And now for something completely different.

Yeah right. Just where do you think you are. I know this may be hard to believe, but I have only been to CVS once this week. (insert horrified gasp here) You may be thinking, but Chris, what about the deals. Well friends, this week the deals are at Jewel. It is a good thing because woman cannot live on Kotex alone. So here it is, my week at Jewel:

3 Crest Toothpaste (various)
15 Crest Pro Health Toothpaste
11 Glide Dental floss
5 Cover Girl Nail polish
4 Max factor eyeshadow
1 Gillette Fusion shave gel
1 Always pads
3 Hungry Jack Potatos (2 scallop and 1 augratin)
3 Pillsbury Flour (5lb bag)
7 Pillsbury Brownie mix
23 Pillsbury cake mix (variety of flavors)
1 Apples (3lb bag)
2.15 lbs of red grapes
2 Campbells Broccoli Cheese soup
1 Jewel Apple Juice
1 Box of flat toothpicks
2 Sargento shredded swiss cheese
3 Diet Pepsi (20 oz)
6 Diet Pepsi (12 pk)
1 Diet Coke (12 pk)

Total oop: 29.93
Total savings: 201.06 (preferred savings and coupons)

Add to this the fact that the Procter and gamble promotion did not work the first 2 times I tried it. Promo is buy 5 items, get a coupon for $10 off your next purchase. So, I had to go to the service desk those times. So I rec'd a $10 gift card and $10 in cash that are not factored into the above totals, and I have a $10 off coupon for my next order. The P&G promo runs through the 15th and I have 25 crest coupons coming. So next week should be really great also.

I did however get burned on the Walgreens deal. The first time I did not get the $10 off your next purchase coupon. It is a good thing the comtrex works so well, or they would have gotten that back. I did make it work twice, so I have 2 $10 off my next purchase coupons to use. The big way I got burned was that my coupon order has not arrived yet. The order mailed on Tuesday and the last time I ordered from them it came really fast. So now I will have 20 Comtrex coupons for a promotion that ends today. Oh well, I guess that is the chance you take in this game. It is the missed opportunity that gets me, not the $2 I spent on the coupons. The Crest coupons should more than make up for it.

6 comments:

Coupon Chris said...

Not sure. Double check with our Wagreens to see if they take the internet printed coupons. If I see anything else, I will let you know.

Coupon Chris said...

I did not see those. Thanks for the heads up, I will check my paper. They might not have come in the Tribune and I forgot to get the Chronicle. By the way, we need to take a trip to the recycling center.

Coupon Chris said...

Found them, Kat. Thanks, I haven't had a chance to go through the inserts yet. The Unilever deal at Walgreens this week might be worthwhile with the Ragu and Hellmans mayo. I need to sit down and work it out.

Coupon Chris said...

By the way Kat, apparently the Playtex is still triggering the free Tampax Pearl coupon, so more cheap/free tampons.

Coupon Chris said...

I goofed on the Unilever yesterday and missed the $5 coupon by $0.02. Oops. Crest toothpaste is one of the best deals at Jewel. So is the Cover Girl with coupons. The promotion ends tomorrow. I will definitely be going to Jewel tomorrow. Lots of Jewels. I will give you a call, or call me if you want to come with to the DeKalb one. It will probably be later in the evening if that works for you.

Coupon Chris said...

Andrew goes to bed at 8:30, so I was going to hit the Jewel in DeKalb around 9pm. Give me a call when you get out of class or just stop by.