Thursday, October 19, 2006

Best birthday present ever.


So today is my birthday and my boys are returning from Florida today. I have really missed them, although you would think I would enjoy the break from my hectic life. I just end up wandering around the house feeling lost. It is strange to be able to watch normal TV at 7:00 at night. I haven't heard the Bob the Builder song in a week. I miss Andrew telling goodnight. I wake up in the night feeling unsettled.

It was nice to have the bed to myself though. That I did enjoy because I like to sleep diagonally, which can be a problem for anyone sharing a bed with me. I used to kick when I was younger and my mom refused to share a bed with me on road trips. I also used to sleepwalk. I could very well still kick, talk, roll around and steal the covers. Justin hasn't complained lately. As far as I am concerned, it is his problem. I offered the option of twin beds when he was complaining about being abused in the night. It wasn't a big deal to me, as I know that I am a horrible sleeping companion. I also snore like mad, but so does he.

So today they will be home and I am sneaking out of work a little early. I could care less about presents, I am getting the best gift. Seeing my little boy. (I will still accept the gifts though)

Oh yeah and I will be getting 10 more bottles of Pantene.
The sickness knows no special occasions.

7 comments:

The Mama said...

Happy Birthday Chris! Getting your boy back today will be the best present ever. I hope you have a wonderful evening!

Alice

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Chris! I know you are excited about seeing your boys today. Have a wonderful day and your sickness is maddening, I will be at CVS tonight to get more stuff. Love ya.

Coupon Chris said...

I am trying to figure out if I can get ahold of more Pantene coupons. I am officially out. I bought 22 bottles in the last 2 days. I am hoping my Aleve coupons get here tomorrow, although that means I have to go to CVS Saturday night.

Coupon Chris said...

Thanks for the birthday wishes, I swear I wasn't trolling for them.

Unknown said...

I know you weren't trolling for them, but it's still nice to remember your day. Well, it is Scott's day too and since he hates his birthday I make more out of yours than his. I didn't even tell him Happy Birthday, such the lovely wife that I am.

How was the homecoming? I want pics now. lol

Coupon Chris said...

That's right, tell him happy birthday from us if you want. Justin is working on pictures right now.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Chris!

I hope you have a fab weekend with your boys.