Thursday, October 12, 2006

Walgreens again....

Are you sensing a theme?

I usually go to Walgreen's about twice a week. Sometimes more, this month it has been about once a week. That is due to the complete and utter madness at CVS this month. I am there multiple times a week, sometimes multiple times a day. Explanations and tallies will be forthcoming soon, for now we will leave it at a lot of stuff and very little money spent. But on to tonight's topic, Walgreens.

Stopped in for a very specific list and did not stray much. Here's the list:

4 bottles - Theraflu Warming Liquid (like Nyquil) @ 3.99/ea
3 nighttime, 1 daytime
2 pks - Triaminic Thin Strips @ 4.99/ea
1 bx - Playtex Sport tampons @ 4.99
3 pks - Crayola Washable fine tip markers @0.99/ea (clearance)
I had the following:
1 - Instant value coupon for 3.00 off each Theraflu (total -12.00)
1 - Instant value coupon for 3.00 off each Triaminic (total - 6.00)
1 - 2.50 off Playtex tampons
4 - 1.00 off Theraflu
2 - 1.00 off Triaminic

Total before coupons - $33.90
Total coupon savings - $26.50
Total spent - $6.18
Total rebate coming back - $5.49
Total oop - $0.69

Bonus - received a coupon with my receipt (we call them catalinas) for a free 20ct box of tampax pearl tampons (up to 4.75) and a coupon for $2.00 off Vicks Babyrub.

I think tomorrow I might clean out the supply of markers. At 0.99 for crayolas, I can't lose.

2 comments:

Coupon Chris said...

You will have to send me a list. I am getting to the point where I am going to run out of places to store things and I just ordered more coupons.

I am well aware of the challenges of Guam from Justin. I was going to email you to see if you can use stuff like toothpaste, shampoo, conditioner, etc.

Anonymous said...

This is fantastically amazing, but I still need to know what the heck a SPORT tampon is. Is it shaped like a football or something? :D