Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Run Andrew Run.

Monday was Andrew's 2 year check up. I know he is only 22 months, but our pediatrician told us that we should schedule early so Andrew could get a flu shot. Well, they don't even have the baby flu shot stuff yet. He is 34 1/2 inches and 31 pounds 4 oz. He is a big boy. He is totally healthy except for one thing. His testicles have not dropped. So, we are scheduling an ultrasound to see where they are. If they are out of the canal, having him run around a lot will drop them. If they are still in the canal, he will have to have surgery. From the title, you can guess which option we prefer. Apparently this is an issue because if he gets a high fever and they are still up there, he could be rendered sterile.

The past few days have not gone according to plans. I had Sunday off to take Andrew to the pumpkin farm. I picked this day a month ago. Well, it rained heavily on Sat. night and Sunday was bitterly cold out there. With nothing to block the wind, it is colder than in town. The pumpkin farm was dead, the horses weren't even there, and Andrew was not enjoying the bitter wind. So we got our pumpkins and headed home. He was very happy to get a fresh apple from the orchard shop to gnaw on.

Sunday night I started feeling dizzy and went to bed early. Monday I woke up feeling dizzy still, but went into work anyway. I wasn't there 15 minutes before my boss told me I was scaring him and sent me home. It is a rare occasion that he doesn't let me stay to accomplish whatever task I came in for since he knows that I have a 45 mile one way commute. This did allow me to be at Andrew's check up. I asked Dr. Wildman her opinion. She suggested I go home, eat something and lay down. If I still felt off, to call and see a grown up doctor. Went home, fell asleep until 4 pm. No chance of seeing a doctor then. Called into work today and went to see my doctor. He tells me it is probably viral. This is code for I have no clue what is bothering you. He did give me a prescription for something to stop the dizziness. Which is all I really needed. I just need to function at work.

So tomorrow, it will be back to the daily grind.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Don't you just hate when they tell you it is something viral, when all you want is something to make you feel like you can function again. I hope you feel better tomorrow, cause I know you were miserable for the last couple of days.

Run, Andrew, Run!!! I prefer that option as well for Andrew. Keep me informed about the ultrasound. Good Luck!

Anonymous said...

I don't think it's viral, I think it's EXHAUSTION. This is what happens when we try to be SuperWoman and work 7 days a week.

I predict you will feel better as soon as Pumpkin Season is over!

Coupon Chris said...

You are probably right. I do feel very tired.

The Mama said...

Oh boy, run Andrew run indeed!!

How long can they safely stay up there? For some reason I am thinking I heard up to age 3, but I don't know if that's right or just the little voice in my head!

I hope you are feeling better soon too. Lots and lots of vitamin C and fluids and rest is what we order up around here when we're under the weather.

Coupon Chris said...

Our pediatrician said that if they don't drop and he gets a high fever, it could cook all the sperm and he would never have kids. I need to do some research, but we will still have the ultrasound done to see where we are at.